TRAINING - Social Inclusion and Gender Equity Integrated Program Identification and Management Training for Development Actors
Three-day training held between 27, 28 and 29th April 2019 at Himalayan House & Resort, Bhattidada Dhulikhel organised by HIMAWANTI NEPAL on 'SOCIAL INCLUSION AND GENDER EQUITY INTEGRATED PROGRAM IDENTIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR DEVELOPMENT ACTORS' was successfully completed in presence of 11 Vice Mayors of urban and rural Municipalites across 6 districts of Nepal; ForestAction and HDN representatives amongst other participants. The training was led by RECOFTC-NCP country representative Mr. Shambhu P. Dangal on support of HIMAWANTI and NCP support staffs. Following are the list of contents covered during the training sessions -
The overall objective of the training was to equip vice mayors/vice chairs of the municipalities (Local Government) with required skills and knowledge on social inclusion and gender equity (SIGE) integrated project planning and implementation.
Specifically, training targeted to -
- Provide concepts and methods to understand contextual analysis of the municipalities including:
- Present practice of planning and its process;
- Designing, Implementation and monitoring;
- Role of vice mayor/president and effective program and project management;
- Plan for SIGE related budget in annual plan etc.
- Equip with planning skills including identifying and prioritizing the projects, designing, implementation, project risk management and monitoring and evaluation of program and projects;
- Demonstrate skill of developing gender-integrated plans and protocols into the municipal level development projects and plans.
- Introduction to Program and Plan;
- SIGE integration in grassroots level Program and Plans;
- Project Life Cycle – i) Initiating; ii) Planning; iii) Executing and; iv) Closing;
- Roles and social structure of Nepalese community and identification of components of society influencing projects and plans;
- Stakeholder Analysis, Risk Analysis, Budgeting, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Logical Framework design and Problem and Objective Tree analysis.