Explore Call for Concept Notes Application
Explore is recruiting and supporting researchers to develop research proposals on forest landscape governance through a Preparatory Grant Mechanism. Explore is calling for concept notes, which will be developed into research proposals. If resources are secured for 2023, Explore will fund selected proposals through grants and expert mentorship. Research proposals developed under Explore can also be submitted to other funding opportunities.
To submit your concept note fill out the online application form and include requested attachments. Visit application form on SurveyMonkey:
Incomplete concept notes will not be considered. Due to high levels of interest in Explore grants and support, we cannot provide detailed feedback on concept notes that are not selected for Phase 1.
- 16 September: Call for concept notes opens
- 15 November: Deadline for submission of concept note applications
- 24 December 2021: Announcement of successful concept notes for development to full research proposals
- 14 January: Deadline for submission of financial risk assessments
- 31 January 2022: Contract agreements finalized
- 1 February to 31 May 2022: Phase 1 research proposal development and mentorship
- 1 to 30 June 2022: Peer review of research proposals
- 31 July 2022: Deadline for submission of research proposals
Click here to learn more about the Call for Concept Notes application process, schedule and evaluation procedures. Click here for a full application toolkit.